my 2024 gyaru challenge ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Hello, pumpkins! Welcome to the inaugural post of my 2024 gyaru challenge ~ 

This was an idea I've had floating in the back of my mind for about a month now, and I've finally put it into words.

It's very simple. The goal is to become the best gyaru I can be in 2024. 

In order to achieve that, I'm focusing on a few key areas. 


Goal 1: Hair

  • Build up a sizeable hairstyle repertoire
  • Settle upon a (relatively) simple to arrange "everyday" style; cut hair accordingly 
Like all of the ensuing goals, what it's going to take to achieve this one can be boiled down to a single word: practice. 

Well, maybe three: practice and repetition. Is that the same thing in this context? ('-')?

Either way, I'm going to make a concerted effort to try out new hairstyles and perfect the old ones. 

These are my main inspirations:


Side bangs, curls, layers. Yipeeee. (๑*ᗜ*)

Goal 2: Fashion

  • Continue experimenting with different styles and coordinates! 
  • Take OOTD photos and assess... what works? what doesn't? 
I want to really emphasize photo-taking because there have been so many times where I thought an outfit would look good in my head, but then I put it on and... (☉__☉”) Having photos will help me understand exactly what about an outfit doesn't work and how I can improve on it for next time. 

Like I did in my winter gyaru post, I'm going to continue breaking down outfits I like from gal magazines and putting together my own versions. 

I've been primarily doing tsuyome and agejo, but this year, I want to get into banba and ganguro! 


I love how bright and joyful the colors are. 




These platforms are to die for (✧∀✧)/

Goal 3: Make-up

  • Follow tutorials from gal magazines 
  • Experiment with different looks 
  • Practice, practice, practice!
  • Settle upon an everyday make 
I suppose this one is a little more in-depth, but at its core, it's still much the same as the others: practice and repetition. 

However, I do feel that make is one of the most (if not the most) important aspects of gal, which is why I emphasized practicing. 

I often think about this quote from Black Diamond member Harutama:

"Makeup is the most important point. Even if the hair is styled and the outfit [is] perfect, as long as the makeup is missing, you are not gyaru at all."
I would agree with her, honestly. I think it's extremely difficult to look gal without makeup and almost impossible for a gaijin gyaru like myself. 

This is the sort of look I'd like to achieve:




I've also been getting into Ranzuki magazine. I love their makeup looks!



In a lot of their tutorials, they don't seem to define their droops, and I always feel like I don't look as gyaru without mine. But I'm thinking if I maximize the other areas (outfit, nail, tan, etc.) I might be able to wear makeup like the above while still feeling gal. 

Goal 4: Nails

  • Learn how to do my own nails 
I've been doing some part-time modeling gigs while in Japan, and most of them require having short, clean nails. I love getting my nails done, but it can get quite expensive to get them on just to have them taken off again whenever I get a job. 

That's why it makes more sense to just do them myself! I recently purchased a gel set and nail tips. 

I'm not very skilled with nail art (my hands shake a lot...), so I think I'll focus on decorating and blinging them out as much as possible! 



Goal 5: Tan

  • Self-tan 
I just want to maintain a nice, summery glow. Nothing obscenely dark, of course, given that I'm quite pale to begin with. 

There's not much to say about this one. It's something that I'm going to do myself, and it's a matter of committing to the upkeep. 


Well, there you have it. 

I'm not sure if this is so much of a challenge as it is a bunch of stretch goals, but calling it a challenge makes it sound more exciting www.

I intend to update you all on my progress, labeling all further posts on the subject with the "2024 gyaru challenge" tag.

Here's to a wild and sexy 2024!!!

じゃあね !!

Lexie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Hello Kitty Kaoani