my 2024 gyaru goals ❀⸜(˶´ ˘ `˶)⸝❀

As 2024 approaches, I want to think long and hard about where I'm going and where I've been.

I've never put too much stock into New Year's resolutions, but reflecting on the year is always a net positive.

In 2024, I will turn 28. In March, it'll be my 1 year galaversery. 

In 2023, I had many moments of self-doubt regarding my gal journey: 27 is too old to start gal. I'm not good enough at the make. It's taking way too long for me to "get it right" (and why bother when I'll never get it right anyway!?) 。°(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°。

Despite these doubts, I've persevered. Ultimately, gal is something I love and brings me immense joy. And I fully intend to keep striving to better myself and my "craft."

Gyaru isn't just an aesthetic or "costume." It's a lifestyle. As such, it is something that grows and evolves as I do and only improves with practice.

Well, that was quite the preamble, eh? Let's get to the goals ~


1. Join an online gal space

When I first got into Gyaru, I joined a gaijin gal discord server. I didn't have a bad experience per se, but I didn't necessarily have a good one. ( ̄▽ ̄||)

It was totally my fault. I was naive and severely lacking experience, and by the time I was starting to figure things out, the server disbanded. 

Ever since then, I've hesitated to join online gal spaces, fearing that I'm not "gyaru enough" to be accepted. But I desperately want to connect with other gals around the world. 

Actionable steps: Take a bevy of photos of my best gal co*des. Start a Facebook page dedicated solely to my gal journey. Join Gyaru Facebook groups. 



2. Start a Youtube channel

While this goal is still definitely gal-oriented, it will also benefit my Japanese! 

I intend to speak only (well, primarily) Japanese in my videos. 

It's going to be difficult, but so is anything worth doing. ٩(^ᗜ^ )و ´-

Actionable steps: Script out my premiere video (daily make tut). Have my Japanese friends help me correct it. Come up with channel branding (banner, profile pic, etc.) Film the video. Edit. Post!



3. Post on my blog once a week

I want to treat this blog like a diary, cataloging my daily thoughts and activities. 

Hopefully, I'll post more than just once a week, but I like giving myself some wiggle room. 

Doing this will encourage me to further incorporate gal into my everyday life. I mean, it already is, but I want more.


Actionable steps: Take photos when out with friends (they don't have to be perfect). Take OOTD photos. Come up with post ideas for different days of the week.


That's it for now ~ 

I'm going to start off easy with three, but I may add more in the coming months.

Do you have any 2024 goals related to gal? Let me know!!!

All my love,

Lexie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Hello Kitty Kaoani