make: my super easy daily ganguro eye look

These days, I've been doing my make like a mid-to-late 90s ganguro. I love it. I think the blue shadow compliments my orange hair, and it makes me feel super gyaru. Even more gyaru than I did when I used to do a tarume (droop).  

I wear this look almost every day, altering it slightly depending on the occasion. Sometimes I don't wear lashes. Sometimes I buff the shadow out for a more "subtle" look. But this is, more or less, my most recent daily gyaru eye make.  

I am pretty amateur at makeup application (even after about 25 years of doing it...), so I'm sure there are more efficient methods of accomplishing this, but this is how I do it.

行こう〜!─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What I use:


  • Lashes
  • Blue cream eyeshadow stick 
  • Eyeshadow palette with blue shadows
  • White shadow
  • Mascara
  • Eyelash curler
  • White cream liner (I use the Kryolan TV paintstick in white) 
  • Liquid eyeliner
  • Creamy pencil liner 

Step one: do your usual base.


Step two: put your desired blue shade on the lid. I try to keep it restricted to just the lid as much as possible. I try to do a more rounded shape, without pulling it outwards. 



Step three: I like to "set" the cream shadow with a powder, and in this case, I used a blue eyeshadow that's a bit darker than the original stick. I have a couple of blue shadows, and I'll alternate which I use depending on my mood or if I want to color-match with my coordinate. 



Step four: Do a reverse raccoon eye with white! I know this looks a little crazy, but come along with me on this journey. I've noticed that many ganguro girlies have a preference as to where they place the white shadow (although the white on your aegyo sal is a must), but this is how I've been doing it lately. 


Step five: Buff out and "set" the cream white with a white powdered shadow. This is where the most blending takes place. However, try not to mix the blue and white too much lest it look muddled and grey. 


Step six: Line your eyes! I personally use brown, as I think it suits me better, but black is also a great option. I tight line with a creamy brown pencil liner and then do the top liner with a liquid. 


Step seven: Mascara. I won't lie to you: I use a lot of mascara. A lot. At the end of the day, when I take all of it off, my eyes are basically big black holes. 



Sexy, ね?


Step eight: Lashes! These are my favorite lashes. I used to use them religiously when I did more 2010s-era gyaru eye looks, but nowadays, I switch between these spikey ones and some more fluffy ones from Diamond Lash. 






Finished!


With a white lip...


I actually don't usually do a white lip. This is just for funsies. (I'm not sure it suits me?) Typically, I'll just add a lip balm or do a frosted or nude lipstick. 

(˶  >   ₃  < ˶)♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Hello Kitty Kaoani